Nexsis Comms Ltd is looking for a dynamic individual to join our growing team of estimators at our office in Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Our ideal candidate will possess excellent administrative skills, along with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel, a good telephone manner and confidence in speaking with current and potential clients.
Estimating experience is not required, as full training will be given, however, we require our candidate to have good numeracy skills and the willingness and ability to learn and develop within the role.
It is essential that applicants have strong administrative skills as this is a key element of the role. We will also be looking for an individual who can manage their time properly and has the ability to multi-task and work under pressure and to deadlines.
Working within the Estimating Team your main duties will be:
- Estimating; preparation of quotes, bills of quantities, drawings take off’s, etc, for cabling and network infrastructure projects
- Preparation of tender files and updating of tender numbering system.
- Sending out enquiries to suppliers for material quotes then pricing accordingly.
- Sending out new enquiries for supply costs
- Order placing
- Point of contact with our supply chain partners to ensure that their tender needs are being met.
- Chasing up submitted tenders.
- Maintaining a working schedule for regular review/update, gaining feedback on submitted tenders, value engineering, areas for improvement through our CRM system
- Assistance with office duties such as answering the phone, taking messages and general administration and office duties, commensurate with the work position.
- Weekly review tender meetings with the Estimating Manager.
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C, one of which must be Maths.
- A working experience of Microsoft Excel is essential.
Normal working hours will be 9 am until 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Holiday entitlement & salary:
- You will be entitled to 20 days paid holiday, excluding bank holidays, per calendar year
- The position is full time with a salary £3.75 per hour.
Nexsis Comms is an equal opportunities employer